A whole weekend focused on building confidence and overcoming riding fears. The emphasis is on having fun and learning new techniques in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
Stabling – big, lovely airy stables fully matted. Generous amount of shavings included, (day stables if you are taking your horse home at night also have matting and slightly less shavings). More shavings can be bought at the yard.
4 x mounted lessons in small groups and individually (Fri/Sat/Sun).
Choose whichever mounted sessions you are comfortable with:
Improve your dressage scores,
Grid work/Pole work
Psychology sessions and talks throughout the camp.
Rider ‘pack’, which includes all information regarding building confidence, all mental strategies used in camp, free hypnosis cd, etc. Those that have previously attended camp will get a different pack!
Stay in your lorry, trailer, tent. Cafe/shower/toilets available.
Meals: Bring your own or buy meals from Waulkmill Cafe. Lots of really lovely food at extremely good rates!
Welcome talk plus rider pack handouts. (New handouts for those returning to camp).
Planning and aims for the weekend.
Flatwork lesson in small group of similar level
Talk on the uses of Hypnosis for confidence.
Group exercise (not compulsory).
Flatwork/poles/improving dressage scores/jumping in the morning. (Your choice).
Lunchtime discussion on any flatwork or dressage competition issue.
Afternoon: Choice of flatwork/poles or jumping in the afternoon.
HUMAN massage sessions available to be booked in the day (this is an ‘extra’).
Evening session on confidence using NLP (sports coaching).
Evening meal is normally a take-away or bring your own and we have this in the training room.
Sunday is normally our ‘fun’ day and incorporates poles, jumping and flatwork/dressage ‘have a go’ fun test ride! These are INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS and you can work on whatever you wish to do. You are encouraged to take part, however, equally you are welcome to go on a hack.
Lunch – bring your own for a relaxed wind-down after the morning’s fun!
Afternoon hypnotherapy/mindfullness session
Use of mind maps and planning strategies
All returning camp riders will have different mental strategies to work on in the afternoon.
All lessons will focus on bringing in confidence strategies when riding and the emphasis will be on integrating the confidence strategies you will learn about in the unmounted sessions and bringing those into your ridden sessions.
Support and help throughout.
Specific strategies specifically for those attending. (You will be sent a questionnaire prior to the camp). They will be designed to build and enhance your confidence in all situations.
There will be ‘extras’ on this camp which you are welcome to book on:
* Private riding lessons available on Friday morning £45, (shared £30) for 45min. Large indoor arena. First come first served I’m afraid as limited spaces.
* Private unmounted therapy sessions available throughout the weekend (subject to availability). (Confidence related/fast weight loss sessions/anxiety/phobias, etc) £45 for 1hr.
* Both the above can be booked on Thursday, which will get you off to a great start prior to the camp!
* Human Massage – from £15/15min. Longer sessions available (and are very popular!).
* Equine Massage – £20 with registered, insured therapist. NO deep tissue work will be done over the camp period but a wonderful relaxing experience for horses.
We will endeavour to have other practitioners coming in to do equine talks, etc. You will be notified by the Facebook Event. Facebook Event If you are NOT on Facebook, you will be send information via email.
Trainer: Amanda Kirtland-Page
* High Performance Trainer & Confidence Coach with over 20 year’s experience.
* Riding Instructor with over 30 year’s experience.
* Accredited Clinical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist, Counsellor & NLP Sports Practitioner.
* Owner of The Confident Horse Rider Ltd. Running Clinics, Camps, Workshops & Talks in the UK and Ireland.
* Riding at BD Medium
* BD Trainee Judge
* Over 40 years working in the equine industry with top trainers, riders and horses in the UK, Malaysia & Singapore.
* Trained with Olympic 3 Day Event Rider, Bertie Hill.
* Previously ridden in the BD South West Home International Teams, the Inter Regional Teams & Inter County Teams
* Represented Singapore in the International Asian Games as part of the successful 3 Day Event Team in Bangkok and Singapore.
* Steeplechase and flat race amateur jockey in Singapore & Malaysia.
A deposit of £80 to secure your place. Deposit is refundable if cancelled within 7 days of booking.
MONTHLY PAYMENTS CAN BE ARRANGED.
Feedback from past camps:
‘Can’t wait until the next one! Please put my name down! Thank you SO much, I have learned SO much! I have found new confidence and can’t wait to get going at home too! amazing camp, absolutely loved it! Don’t want to go home! Thank you’ Jemma Campbell
‘I have had a wonderful weekend with my horse, I have enjoyed every aspect of the camp. Amanda, you are SO positive and calming and gave me new found positivity. thank you so much, hopefully see you again soon’. Anne Michie
‘VERY ENJOYABLE!!’ Jayne McGarvie
‘The information on this camp was fantastic and explained very well. I have really enjoyed the whole weekend, and will definitely use the things I have learned in future with my horse’ Laura Mannall